Saturday, March 31, 2018

LET'S GO Web Series Review



What's woody wood, grasshoppers?

I wanna give a review about season 1 of the web series Let's Go

The series is based in Brownsville, Brooklyn which shows the grime and grit of the hood

The series was action packed throughout, and properly gave people a tour of the good, the bad and the ugly of Brownsville....from friendship, betrayal, and the funny shit you may see on the regular...not to mention the sexy ass ladies

Someone should give Denise my number

The character who played "Denise" in the show is the beauty right 'chea, better known as Diamond The Body


While I think the sex scene between Denise and Class could've been better, I think the series overall is a good look for urban web series fans

My favorite characters are Mel and Jonathan...the funniest cats in the series...they most definitely should've gotten more airtime because they gave me life thru 12 episodes

And with that said, I wanna give the PROS and CONS of the web series

PROS

Action
Realism of Brooklyn
Professional camera work
Comedy from Mel and Jonathan
Denise (LOL)
Drinking as a form of painkiller (a lot of people don't realize that drinking sometimes numbs the pain)
The handshake (reminds me of mob shakes back home in the Chi)

CONS

Too many characters
Not enough suspense
Lacking plot twists
Too many dry spots (some of the episodes needed to be shorter and straight to the point)
The acting from some of the characters needs improvement

Overall, the series kept my attention throughout the long rides to Maryland and Long Island

I see the potential of Let's Go, but in order to take the series to the next level, the writer(s) of Let's Go needs to figure out how to separate themselves from other urban web series content wise

Shout out to C-Class for winning the Best Actor in a Lead Role @ the 2018 Urban Web Series awards


FINAL GRADE - 7/10

Aight, I'm Audi 5G

Peace and Afro Grease

Nah'Sun the Great @ www.nahsunblaze.com

P.S.

The YouTube thumbnail of episode 1 was a good marketing tactic to draw me into watching the series considering that the scene came much later...LOL...smh

Click here to watch episode 1 of Let's Go from your phone



1 comment:

  1. thank you very much for the review, i am c-class creator of lets go. crazy i found this years later but glad i did.

    ReplyDelete