Friday, March 1, 2013

The Favorite Part of Writing

What’s woody, family?
 

I have a love/hate relationship with writing…sometimes I’m amped up to write, while other times I don’t want anything to do with it…I get bored easily
 

That’s the main reason why it takes me 9 months to finish a novel
 

Back in the day, it took authors years to finish a book. But now, people are bangin’ out books like babies…a month or less. That’s not my style…you can’t rush perfection
 

The best part of writing a book to me is the middle parts…I just got comfortable writing the beginning and ending. Sometimes I wanna skip to different from parts of the book…that’s a pain in the ass because then I gotta figure out the proper timeline of the story


I just got comfortable with writing female characters. The majority of fiction readers are women. Writing female characters is important because of THAT fact. At first I avoided writing a female as the main character like the plague…that wasn't my thing...but the more I do it, the more I love it
 

It got to the point where I don’t wanna write male characters anymore. The challenge of writing outside my comfort zone is too intriguing
 

One question I hate that muthafuckas ask me is, “How do I write a book?”
 

Um, you put the pen to the pad or your fingers on the keyboard…DUH!


I mean, shit…if you don’t know how to write a book, your ass don’t have any bidness to write one…it’s bad enough that the book game is filled with mofos that can’t write themselves out of a wet toilet tissue

If you know how to read, then writing a book will come easy…notice that I used the word HOW…sometimes people just look at things without thinking outside the box
 

When I read books, I STUDY the writing style, the flow of the book, how the characters are used, literary devices like symbolism and flashbacks, etc…I’m not only a writer, I’m also a student of the game…the more you read and write, the more you'll become a better writer...at least in theory...ha ha!
 

I also love watching movies in closed caption to follow the movie as if I’m reading a story…or even mute the movie to study the body language of people for my stories and in real life to get a better read on people
 

Aight, ya’ll…enuff of that…I’m out
 

Peace
 

Nah’Sun the Great

No comments:

Post a Comment