Thursday, March 28, 2013

Things Fall Apart


What's woody, grasshoppers?

I had to squeeze in this shout out to show love to Chinua Achebe, author of Things Fall Apart, Arrow of God and other joints he'd written before I hit up a networking event tonight
 

He passed away last week at the age of 82
 

I've read Things Fall Apart and Arrow of God in African Literature back in college...if I wasn't panty raiding in dorms and skirt chasin' around campus, I was gettin' my read on for African Lit class...the Indian lady who professed African Lit was NO JOKE...straight up

She once asked the king out of anger if I wanted to teach the class because I was talking too much...and now that I think about it, my smart ass should've replied, "HELL YEAH!!!" and swagged on them niggas

Ha ha!



Anyway...Achebe is one of the reasons why I put culture into my novels...I always make a point to put some form of culture, whether it's Black or foreign, into my work so people can learn about certain customs

What's wild is that I actually thought about purchasing Things Fall Apart to read it again before he passed...that joint is most definitely on my "books to get" list

And yeah...I STILL read paperbacks, baby pa

Ayo, I'm out...I'm finna throw back a couple drinks in honor of brother Chinua


Peace


Nah'Sun the Great


No comments:

Post a Comment